Monday, April 28, 2014

Baptism!!

Hello hello!
I don't have a lot of time to email today and so I'm just going to focus on a few things.  This week was really great!  We saw a lot of miracles and a lot of wonderful things happen.  We met new people and had new lessons.  No one exactly is progressing a lot, but I know that this area is going to explode next transfer.  
On Saturday night JACKIE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!
Yep.  I am beyond filled with joy!
I had never felt joy like that in my life.  It was amazing.  Things got figured out and she was able to be baptized.  I walked in the door and she was so excited!  She said the sweetest things to me.  It just made everything worth it.  There were tears, and sweat, and so much laughter with them, while we taught them the Gospel.  They are so special to me.  When Jackie walked in the room in white, I just felt so much warmth.  Sister Wright and I were talking and when we were in the area teaching them, there was a big hill that we had to ride up every night when we left their house.  It was my least favorite thing to do.  We said that the hills would be worth it, if they got baptized.  It would have been worth it either way, but this just made everything worth it.  Jackie told me after that she felt something amazing.  That what she felt, she wanted to feel it forever.  It was amazing for me to see the hand of the Lord work in the time that she needed it most.  So cool!
This transfer, we got the transfer calls.  I am leaving Downey, and will be going to Torrance in a English area on a bike, with a companion who has been out four months.  I am so sad, but I know that it is the will of the Lord.  My President said he fought it so hard to let me stay as a STL this transfer, but felt impressed he needed to send me to this new area, and that the Lord had other plans.  I'm just trying really, really hard to see that, as well.  I love my area and my companion, I don't want to leave.  My heart has just super been hurting.  I am learning so much still.  A lot about being humble.  It is hard oftentimes, but we need to submit to the will of the Lord.  I am saying that right now, because it is something that I need to do.  It is pulling a bit at my heart, but I am trying so hard.  I know that He has a plan for me and that this next transfer is inspired, that He needs me to be there. But don't worry, I really am okay!
Sorry this is short, but I have to go!  I love you with all my heart!
Love,  Hermana Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment