Monday, April 21, 2014

Temple!

Hola hola!
I don't have much time left, so this might be short, but you'll be happy to know that I have been writing in my journal every night- even details.  So you'll know all about it one day!  It was a great Easter!  I wish I would have had more time to sit and enjoy it.  I wanted to study and have time to meditate, but we didn't have time for that.  Headaches are better!  I have been feeling good.  I got a really great blessing for help, it was awesome.  It was a good week, we reached a lot of our goals and worked really hard.  
Downey Zone outside of the Los Angeles Temple
We went to the temple this week, and it was amazingggggggggggggggg!  I love the temple so much. I wish people understood the temple better.  Not everything, because it's hard to understand everything.  But the importance of the temple.  The feelings that we have the ability of feeling.  If people understood the help and revelation we receive in the temple, it'd be a lot more filled :)  I was able to receive answers to some big questions that I had.  It was super cool.  I learned a lot about diligence and sacrifice.  The gospel is about sacrificing what we have for the Lord.  You decide how hard it is.  On my mission I have to put aside things that would take me from the work, but it's worth it.  It's all about changing and become who the Lord wants us to be.  So it was awesome!
We had a cool experience this week with a man named Jose.  He didn't really seem interested but we still set an appt. with him and went back the next day.  As we talked to him, the Spirit was so strong.  You could tell that we were both really searching for the things to say from the Spirit.  To know what he needs.  We talked to him a lot about change and how we can change and be happy in the Gospel.  We saw the Spirit working in him as we talked to him.  It was a super special experience.  He said that he would do anything to be able to have the things that we were telling him about.  Super cool!  Sorry - words, don't even adequately explain this very well.
We had another great contact this week.  There was one that we were talking to -- this guy that seemed really closed.  We asked inspired questions and eventually we opened him up and he told us his desires and fears.  We taught to him and they accepted a return appt!  Sadly, he lives outside of the mission, ha, but SO cool! 
Something I have been learning a lot about, is service.  I think oftentimes we think of service as putting on our preparation day clothes and getting dirty, or something heavier.  But service is the little things too.  Doing someone's dishes, cleaning up the floor, etc.  We really focused on doing that this week.  It helped us build a bond with those we teach and visit, as well as soften their hearts.  As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, service should be our biggest priority.  We must always look for opportunities to find those who are in need.  I know that as we serve others we will find those who are prepared.  We will help our brothers and sisters.  We will bring others unto Christ as we show Christlike attributes.  Be the member that you would want someone to be to you.  We need to work harder as members to love others. We must always live what we believe.  They is always more to be done!
I'm sorry I know I didn't answer your questions!  It was an up and down week.  Goods and bads, but I am learning and growing a lot!!  I love you both so much!  Love, Hermana Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment