Monday, February 24, 2014

20 meaningful conversations......

Momma!
So I forgot to bring everything that I wrote down, so I am going to try really hard to remember!  We walked... a lot... and contacted a lot of drunk people that smelled really bad and they get really close to your face, .... it makes me really uncomfortable, but we laugh afterward.  We laughed a lot, and felt the Spirit so powerfully this week! So, it was a wonderful week!  I am so grateful that you got to speak in Sacrament meeting!  I just want to be able to explain to our ward and to those you spoke to, of how much my mission means to me, but I imagine you did a wonderful job at speaking for me.  I have been writing in my gratitude journal.  We say our tender mercies every night before we pray together, but writing it down has made me realize what a roller coaster a mission is!  Haha, there are ups and downs of everyday, but it is really cool to look for the joys that we can find throughout the harder days.  
So I had one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had on my mission.  I say things like that a lot, but I really mean this.  I have never felt the way I felt on Friday night.  We were having dinner with the S family (F. and his aunts).  They just received custody of their little 6 year old niece, after some hard circumstances with the mother. We began sharing our lesson at the end, but this little girl began speaking. We were going to teach about temples and family history. As we talked about the temple she looked at me and said, "The temple is where God walks, it is where He lives."  (she said, "Alli camina dios y arriba en el temple es donde dioscito vive, se que el esta Alli").  This pure little girl went on about how we must have faith because we are going to have hard times. She told us how much Heavenly Father loves us, how He wants us to be united as a family and to be happy. I wish there was more time and mere words to describe this experience. I have never in my mission had such an experience that powerful. The room was filled so full of the spirit, it was like feeling whole.  Allison knows Jesus Christ.  She doesn't just talk about Him, she knows Him.  One of the Sisters stopped and said that everything that Allison is sharing is what the Spirit is wanting to teach us. Sister Wright and I left after that lesson with a feeling of just knowing. I don't know how I would be able to doubt anything after that experience. I felt the love that my Heavenly Father had for me so strongly. I knew He was there and that He wanted me to feel that, on that specific night.  I was just full.  Any empty space that I had in my heart had been filled, it was amazing. 
Another tender mercy I had was yesterday.  [Our convert] F. had shared in Sunday School, that he was talking to one of his friends on the phone who lives in Virginia.  He shared his testimony of the Gospel and how it has blessed his life and made him happy.  He was wondering if he would be able to send missionaries to his friend, but wasn't sure if he could do it because he didn't live in LA.  What!?  He is amazing and truly an example to me of how we, as members should be.  I know that I was supposed to be here at this specific time. 
We found three new investigators in ONE day, it was sweet!  We had LAE [LA English] and gave a church tour afterwards.  There was such a sweet spirit as we sat in the chapel and explained to them the blessings of the Gospel, and the ways that we receive them.  Sister Wright and I teach really well together.  We have both really learned through experiences, how vital it is to rely on the Spirit at you teach.  We have been able to apply that as we've been here.  We went to Cafe Rio and we're going again today...  Haha.  I love it here!  I feel like I am getting back to myself again.  I feel the spirit all the time, and it fills me with things that I have been missing.  I can't imagine myself being anywhere else.  I am stressing out alot that I am coming up on my year mark.  I feel like I still have soooo much to do, but I don't have enough time.  Hopefully I get my thoughts together throughout this week.  I am doing great!  I love you so much!
Love,
Your favorite child - Hna Michelle
Michelle's Zone - North Torrence Zone
Daddy!  How was your week?  Did you get a bike ride?  We walked sooooo much this week.  I have gotten really good at contacting everyone I see.  I used to get scared or feel like the situation is awkward, but we received an invitation from Elder Ballard to have 20 meaningful conversations every day and so we have been really good at it.  We don't have a ton of investigators right now.  This area is super hard.  But I have been studying a lot about faith and how my faith will help us in our finding efforts.  Faith really is the base of everything we do in life, and in missionary work.  I love it. We have a car but sometimes I wish it was a biking area, our area is HUGE and there are a bunch of hills.  I need work out tips, por favor!  LOVE YOU....



No comments:

Post a Comment