Monday, February 10, 2014

Companions again and a Baptism!!

Mama!
It was a great week.  I don't have a ton of time to email - I am sorry!  I used all my time reading your email, and I am so glad I did!  It brought me a lot of joy to read it.  I absolutely love that quote by Elder Holland - please send it to me!!  Hermana Wright and I are companions again!! We are staying in Torrence.  I'll just say that I LOVE Sister Wright so much! I will MISS Hermana Shepherd, I LOVE her....
Reunited again with Sister Wright and a sweet sister from the ward, doing a mini-mission with them!

We had a BAPTISM yesterday of F. and it was so amazing!  It was an awesome experience for me to see how Heavenly Father prepares His children.  It was also a reminder that I have so many sweet angels around me preparing the people I teach.  When he got down into the water he had the biggest smile on his face! 
Baptism of F., Hermana Shepherd and myself
He was so happy.  I asked him afterward, how he felt and he said he felt light, like something had been lifted off of him.  Baptisms bring such a rewarding feeling - to know that a soul has entered into this path of joy and happiness with our Heavenly Father.  He is excited for the temple and for the things that come.  I will write more in a letter to you!  But it was a very special experience for me.  I felt the spirit so very strong as I sat there.



I don't have much to update you on except, I truly do feel healing in my heart and in my body.  The Atonement is so real and I am so grateful that I get to use it.  It brings us closer to our Savior and to our Heavenly Father.  I love the blessings of the Gospel that we have so graciously been given.  I love the blessings of my mission.  I feel how much my Heavenly Father loves me and each of His children.  I love you so much my dear, and am so proud of who you are! 
Love, Hermana Michelle
Love these sisters!
Meeting up again with my sweet Samoan sisters!
We had an activity in the Samoan ward yesterday in the area where I first served when I arrived in the mission field!  From left, Paul, Hermana Zollinger (my first companion), myself and J. -- my first convert in Cudahy!  I loved seeing these people again!

No comments:

Post a Comment