Monday, December 2, 2013

Blessings....

Hi my dear family!
   I cannot believe it is P-day again, I don't know how this happens!  So yeah!  I have seen a lot of miracles this week.  I told my mission President that this has been really hard, but never in my mission have I seen miracles the way that I have, this transfer.  Our area is growing so much, it is amazing.  I hope that I am still here for Christmas - we are having transfers a week early this transfer, because transfers would have fallen on Christmas day.
   We've received a lot of referrals lately.  We received one for a man that has lost contact from the church.  We went over and he was so excited to go to church again.  Unfortunately he is going to El Salvador for a month and so we have to wait until he comes back.  But, we had another cool referral.  We contacted this referral, and her husband answered the door.  We talked to him for a minute and he just kept staring at our tags.  When finally, he told us that he had been baptized in El Salvador (everyone here is either from El Salvador or Guatemala) but he hadn't gone to church in about 13 years.  We taught them the Restoration last night, and it was so cool to watch him as he was beginning to remember things that he was taught when he was little.  We have an appointment at the Visitor Center planned with them tomorrow!  
   Literally everything about last transfer, has prepared me for this transfer!  Selflessness, patience, charity, love, obedience with exactness.  One of the biggest things I have worked on was diligence and exact obedience.  I have seen miracles daily from this!!  I have the strongest testimony of it.  It is crazy to me how tough a mission can be at times, but how ncredibly rewarding it is.  I love everything about being a missionary and even in Hollywood.  I love how quickly I grow as a missionary.  The progress I have made, even this last transfer, is crazy.  I understand the 'whys' of life so much better.  Everything I do from now on, will always have something to do with my Father in Heaven.
    A while back, I asked my Mission President how I could become a better missionary.  It wasn't that I was a bad missionary, just felt ordinary. So he started working with me, and I changed.  I changed everything I do with missionary work.  So, while we were talking recently, I was telling him how this change is what is making it possible for me to do this task I have received.  As I was talking about this, I looked at him and he had tears in his eyes.  He has watched me change and grow through every step.  He expressed his love and trust towards me.  I've worked hard for it.  So, even though my tasks have been hard, I am thankful.
   My heart is in my mission.  I've never felt so much joy.  I've never seen so many blessings and miracles.  I've never loved my family more than I do right now.  Our message blesses others.  It gives them literal light.  I've never felt so tired.  I've never felt so frustrated.  Sometimes, I feel like I have nowhere to go.  And because of those feelings, I've never felt so, so close to my Heavenly Father.
   Yes, this week was really hard, but I saw countless tender mercies knowing that the Lord is aware of me. One day was super hard for some reason.  I had to take a minute before we went out.  I knelt down and just prayed.  I did it until I felt good enough to try and help someone else.  I called my Zone Leaders to ask if they could come and give a Hermana a blessing.  Before I asked, the Zone Leader asked if I would like one, too.  I didn't think I needed it, but afterwards I felt so much love and peace in my heart.  We got to the church and he asked me if there was anything specific going on because he wanted it to be a specific blessing.  I looked at him, and said, "I'm just tired."  He gave me an incredible blessing.  He mentioned something that really hit me.  He said, "The better you develop Christ-like attributes, the more challenges come your way."  That Heavenly Father give us, ever so lovingly, weaknesses to make us humble. It was as if my Heavenly Father had his arms around me.  I have an immense testimony of humility.  It is the only way we can live - humbly.  I am learning through many experiences.   It spoke of the Atonement.  I have learned and applied this beautiful gift to my daily life. Jesus Christ wants us to use his sacrifice for everything - sins, physical pain, weakness, trials, etc.  I have learned so much about the Priesthood on my mission and how incredible it is.  I am so grateful that we have the gift of the Priesthood and for those who keep themselves worthy to be able to use it.  My testimony is growing so much.  I am so grateful for the blessings that it gives to our family and to others here.  Things are good and happy!
   We had thanksgiving dinner with la familia Castro, a sweet young couple in the ward.  It was a good day!  I didn't really realize it was Thanksgiving - and it doesn't feel like Christmas is close.  Good news: Our zone is going to the temple on my birthday, Dec. 10th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I LOVE my life! 
   Yes, I am excited.  We missionaries, are all reading the BOM in the mission, before Christmas.  I started 3rd Nephi the other day.  I LOVE the Book of Mormon.  It is so amazing to see how much it applies to my purpose.  You better be reading the BOM every day.  Yes, I hit my 9 month, half-way mark this week... gross.
    Mom, this work is amazing.  I know I have guidance and help from my Heavenly Father and from loved ones on the other side.  Michael is always with me.  He loves you, mom.  As do I.  Never forget that.  I hope you get to feel Heavenly Father's arms around you, always.  You are so precious to Him.  I love you with all my heart.  
Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment