Monday, December 16, 2013

Lessons......

Good morning, family!

I never know what the time difference is, so I think it's morning.  Anyway, we had a great week here! Seriously one of the best weeks I have had in a long time. It was good and I saw a lot of sweet tender mercies in my days. My birthday was so special. I will never have a birthday like the one I had here. I felt so overwhelmed with gratitude.  There were many that remembered me and I received so many kind words. The temple was amazing! I had one of the most spiritual temple visits I have had in my whole life. It made me so grateful to know of the perfect plan that our Father in Heaven has for every single one of us.  We are so important in His eyes. And then yes, we went to Cafe Rio!! :)  I don't know if President has ever seen me so happy before. We went and visited some people and had dinner with a really great family. They got me a little present and a big birthday cake! They are less active and it was so nice to be with them, they have such a special spirit about them.  

I feel like we saw so many sweet tender mercies this week it was so awesome. There were multiple times this week that we visited someone and they told us how they had been praying to know that Heavenly Father was aware of them, or that they had felt sad. And we were able to be there and give them that moment and help them to understand that their Heavenly Father really does love them so much. As well as we had so many people at church on Sunday!  It was just a good week. 



I just wanted to reflect a little bit on the last transfer. It has been one of the hardest transfers that I have had on my mission. I have never even thought about learning the things that I have learned this transfer. Something that I have focused on lately is just accepting what Heavenly Father has put in my path and what He wants me to learn from it. It has been really hard to understand that and even more so, to apply it - but it has been truly amazing. I know that through all the things I have received lately, I am truly becoming what I need to be. I have learned so much patience and just love. I think that is the biggest thing, just to be able to love people. And not love just the people that you get along with. But sincerely love those that would be hard to love. I have learned so much about the Atonement and how it is something that we must, not should, but must use in our lives every single day. I love my mission and all that I am learning.  Through the ups and the downs, every second is worth it. 

A. got baptized!!! It was so awesome!  She is 84 years old.  


It is Christmas next week....I don't know how that happened! I will figure out details when I get to my new area. I am going to an area called Hermosa Liahona (in South Torrance) and I am finishing a sister's training so it will be good! I am sad to be leaving my area...but I know that I have done what I could here. This area has grown so much and I have seen the most incredible miracles. I love you so so very much! I hope you have a wonderful week! Love, Hermana Michelle


ONLY in LA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment