Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy 20th Birthday!

Hello Family!
This week was really cool.  It was seriously just a week of constant learning.  So I will start with this.  Let's be real, we all know that this has been a hard transfer for Sister Warner.  But -- my whole mission, I have always remembered what Bryan said to me at my setting apart.  He told me that no matter what was going on, to wake up every morning with a good attitude.  I have referred to this about ten times through emails, because it keeps biting me right in the toosh.  So I realized that perhaps my attitude was what was holding me back from certain things.  So I made a goal with myself this week to work on my attitude.  I don't care what is happening or if I am frustrated, it's not worth the bad attitude!  So, I will just tell you that this week was really good.  I saw so many different things that I wish I would have been looking at earlier.  But I am so grateful for this because I know that these are lessons that I am going to be using for the rest of my life.
Half way through the mission!
We have had some really good lessons this week.  But something I have been thinking about a lot, is one that we had last night with a girl in our ward.  She has been struggling a lot and has been needing the Atonement.  We had a training the other day about the Plan of Salvation.  And in this training, the Elders talked about how to help others really feel their importance in this life.  It was amazing because I was able to use the training in this time.  I haven't felt the Spirit that strong in a long time.  Something that I absolutely love about my mission, is the ability that I have to feel the love of our Heavenly Father for His sweet children.  We all know that Sister Warner doesn't always love everyone immediately... and the same goes here.  But I do have an ability to see others for their potential.  It is something that I love, to know that our Father in Heavenly sees us as our potential, not as who we are right now.  So I want you to think this week about others that need to feel this.  That really need to feel their importance in this earth, because it is huge.  We don't understand how big the love is that Heavenly Father has for us.  And we don't understand how big our responsibility is to share that love with others.  I know that there are others waiting for this feeling of belonging.  
This sweet sister will be baptized on Saturday!  84 years old.  Los Angeles Temple Visitors Center.
I am writing a letter today and I don't have much more time.  But thank you for your sweet words mama :)  I am so excited that I will be able to be in the temple tomorrow for my birthday!  I also am going to Cafe Rio!! This will be the best birthday that I will have, because it will be focused on everyone else.  And that is the best gift that I could have!  I love my mission and I know that I will have it with my in my heart forever.  I hope you enjoy your week, don't stress yourself out with Christmas --- presents aren't important!  Just remember the whys of this beautiful season.  I love you so much!! Thank you for the packages --I LOVE THE CHRISTMAS GARLAND!!!  You are so awesome!  I am so excited for tomorrow --- mostly to go to the temple!  It is so special to me.  Thank you for everything my sweetheart!  Bry sent me pics and I loved them :)  I am so genuinely happy for them.  It's a good feeling to have.  I love you so much my dear!
Love, Hermana Warner
Michelle and her companion, Hermana Garcia, in the LA Temple Visitors Center
Michelle and her old trainer, Hermana Moeller



No comments:

Post a Comment