Tuesday, May 28, 2013

First Transfer!

Hello family!
Well your email was long and so I wasn't able to read all of it, I'm sorry!  I am going to try and print it out but I am at a new place for today so I don't know how.  Anyway let me give you a little update.  So tomorrow is transfer day!  I made it alive a whole transfer!  I don't know if I ever thought the day would come. But we got a call from our Zone Leader last night about transfers and I answered.  He asked me what I thought was happening to me, and so I said, I think I am going to stay in Cudahy (with both of my companions of course).  And he answered and said, "Yes, Sister Warner, you are staying in Cudahy, and you are the only one staying in Cudahy!  I think I asked him about ten times if he was joking and that this was the worst joke I have ever heard. Nonetheless, he wasn't joking.  As much as I wished he was.  So here I am...staying in Cudahy by myself.  Without my mom (Hma Moeller) and sister (Hma Zollinger).  With people's salvation in my hands.  If you are starting to feel sick right now, I know how you feel.  Let's just say that I spent a large amount of my time crying last night.  We have a lot of set appointments this week and I am in charge of them.  Oh yeah, and my new companion came out on the same transfer as I did!  Pretty much I have never been so nervous in my life.  I have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders and I am the one who knows the investigators and the members... But I also know that this could be what I need.  I feel like I am already being humbled and it hasn't even started.  There is going to be a lot of praying and pleading this transfer, but that is what a mission is.  I know that somehow I will be able to communicate with these sweet people that I am teaching, and I will know how to teach them as well.  So there is the life of Hermana Warner... feel free to pray for me, all hours of the day. 
Threesome companionship!  Michelle, (center), her companion Sister Zollinger (L) and her trainer, Sister Moeller (R). She'll miss these two wonderful companions very much!
Michelle's District
Hma Zollinger and Hma Warner!
But, with that being said, it was a wonderful week!  I learned a lot and I really pushed myself. I don't remember if I told you about Benito, but he is one of our new investigators.  He met the missionaries in Mexico and he is the sweetest man ever.  He has a family with two kids and is the sweetest dad.  We gave him a restoration pamphlet and he loved it.  He loved that the focus of the church was on families.  He is Catholic and told us that there were a lot of things that he didn't agree with.  He really enjoyed learning from us and I know the more he learns, the more he will love it.  We set a baptismal date with him for the 30th... yet again, that's in my hands. But it's amazing!  Also I realized that I haven't told you much about Jose!  He is the coolest person in the world, seriously!  He's this 18 year old boy with a big old fro and tattoos up his arm, and he is so cool.  He is progressing really well and I think he is going to be ready by the 9th!  I can see a change in him and I know he is going to start seeing us more and more.  This week we had a lesson with him and we invited one of the members to join us. Her name is Sister Seuili.  She is a convert and loves the church so much.  She bore a beautiful testimony during our lesson and at the end she said to him, "Let me know when you enter the waters of baptism".  I think that I am still crying from that!  She is so cool! 
Michelle's apartment 
So this week I lost my CTR ring.  Okay, dummest thing in the world to worry about - I know.  I took it off and forgot it on my lap in the car, before a Samoan dinner.  So it fell out of the car.  I was so bummed because even though it is a little ring, it means a lot to me.  I got it that day that Bryan went to the MTC and it has always reminded me of what a great example he has been.  His mission was something that's really helped me.  So I was so, so sad when I lost it.  I prayed that I would find it, as silly as that sounds when I have a million other more important things to pray for.  But we were in the area one day and we stopped by just to check and see if it was there.  The street sweepers were supposed to be there at 12 noon and it was 2 p.m.  The car stopped and I opened my door to get out, and there it was.  Right on the ground outside of the car, I didn't even need to unbuckle my seatbelt.  As silly as it is, it showed me that Heavenly Father really does care about the little things.
Okay I have no time, I'm sorry, I got a lot of emails today!  Thank you for your sweet, sweet letter!  I am thankful that someone was able to explain to you how hard this really is.  I can say it's hard, but you will never really know how hard it is, mom. All is well here, and it's going to be a crazy week! PRAY for me that I am still alive at the end of the week ;)  I love you so much!!
Love, Hermana Michelle
Dear Dad,
Sorry I didn't email yesterday!  It's transfer week and so we email tuesdays.  Things are going well.  I am pretty darn nervous for the next few weeks!  Actually that is an incredible understatement.  I don't have a lot of time to email today.  The work is moving.  We met some really awesome people this week.  I am sad my sweet companions are leaving because I really grew to love them.  I am nervous to take over the area and to be expected to know what to do!  But keep the winds blowing because I am going to grow more than ever!  You are in ever single thought and prayer of mind daddy.  I love you so very much!  Hermana Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment