Monday, May 6, 2013


Hi Family! How are you doing?  How was your week? It was good here!  I am not sure about what time we will skype next week so I am sorry about that!  At least after 2:00 p.m. because that is when church gets out.  Oh P.S., I have church from 9-2, and half of it I don't even understand, but I will!  It sounds like everyone is doing great at home!  How are things?  Brooke sent me the cutest pictures from Chad's graduation.  I miss everyone!I don't have a lot of time but I will share with you my favorite parts of the week.  So there is a man that we are teaching named Timeoteo.  We met him tracting the first week that we were here.  Of course I was timid and didn't want to say anything, so I said hola and slowly kept walking.  My trainer stopped and talked to him and got to know him a little bit better.  We gave him a foueto about the Restoration and set a return appt.  We came back and he hadn't read the pamphlet so we gave him a Book of Mormon to read.  We called him later and asked how he liked it, and he said that he really enjoyed it!  How it was similar to the Bible and such.  We had a lesson with him on Saturday and it was awesome.  I am pretty sure I didn't understand half of it because he speaks Spanish and talks with his mouth closed.  But most of it, I understood.  Everything we taught him he agreed to and understood.  Then came time to ask him to be baptized.  Pretty much my heart was beating up my throat when my comp looked at me.  But I looked at him and asked him to follow the example of Jesus Christ, and after he looks at me without hestitation and says, pues claro!  Aka Yes!  I sat there and was like wait really, are you serious?  He is going through a really hard time right now and the Gospel is exactly what he needs, it's amazing.  He is going to be baptized June 2nd so please continue to pray for him and that he will go through with his date.  
Another is we are teaching a less active in our Samoan ward.  This is a simple story but her family has been a tender mercy for me.  We have gone over a few times to teach her and her family is so welcoming to me.  They feed us (literally the most incredible food in the world - you would agree) and they love us there.  I feel like they are my family here and love how welcomed I feel with them.
Thank you thank you for your package!  It was what I needed today and I am so thankful for you and the things that you do for me.  I will try really hard to get a letter written today but I usually don't have time.  We are doing beach P-day next week so I will let you know how it goes!  I am sorry I don't have more time to write, but I am doing well!  The church is incredible and I love my area and my companions!  I have learned so much about myself and the Lord.  Thank you for your support.  I love you more than words can say! xoxox  Hermana Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment