Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Beach Day in LA!

Hi momma!
Well, thank you for your sweet email, I loved it.  After talking to everyone, I felt reenergized.  I am sad that I got a short, short 40 minutes to talk, but I am happy I got to hear how everyone is doing!  It seems like life is going great in good old Salt Lake.  I feel like I don't have a ton to share with you right now because we were able to talk yesterday!  But I do have a few things.  So, the other day I seriously just felt spent.  My body and my heart were tired.  I prayed all day for help and felt nothing.  I was frustrated.  But I felt the need to turn to the hymn, "Nearer, my God to Thee," and look at the scripture. Genesis 28 . But verse 15 is what got me.  "And behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land; for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."  It was my Heavenly Father answering my long and heavy hearted prayers. It says that He will be with me until the work that he wants me to do is done. I know that He will be with me always.  It brought more comfort to my heart than I could explain in the moment.  I just cried as I felt the love from my Heavenly Father directly towards me.  As well as that, a few days after, I asked some of the Elders if they could give me a blessing.  I was worried because I didn't know the Elder that was giving it.  But, the Lord knows what He is doing. It was one of the most comforting blessings I think I have ever received. It was in a time of deep need and everything that he said was what I needed. I wrote some of it down so I will try and send it to you in a letter.  But all I know right now is that Heavenly Father is mindful of me.  He knows what I am going through and that is why we have Jesus Christ.  He is able to lift those pains and burdens off of our shoulders.  I will be forever grateful for that.  

So craziest story ever.  We had a former contact that we decided to go visit about two weeks ago.  I told dad about her, she's read the Book of Mormon but she is in another christian church that believes in it.  She gave us two referrals of people that might be interested in our message without us even asking. Coolest person ever.  So we went to one of them and they were a part member family. What!  The two children were baptized about 5 years ago but are inactive.  We had a lesson with them on Thursday, and it was amazing.  It began with the Mom and the son, Isaac.  Isaac is 13 and is a rebellious teenager who said his favorite thing to do was party and that he didn't believe in God anymore.  By the end of the lesson, he was on his knees praying.  As we talked to the mom and son, the daughter walked in.  I thought to myself, she does not look like she is happy that we are here.  She ended up talking to us about how their family hasn't talked about going to church in years but over the last couple months, they have said how they should start going to church.  She kept saying how crazy it was that we were there and how it was time for her to start going back to church.  When we ended and asked if there was anything that we could do to help them, she just said, "Please, just keep coming back".  Okay coolest miracle ever.  The work really is thriving here!  I can see that it is going to begin.  We have met some amazing people contacting and have return appointments with a lot of them for this week.  It's pretty awesome here, besides the fact that it is 100 degrees outside and probably 90 where I am sitting right now.

We had beach P-day today! It was so nice to be able to sit there and just be able to relax!  I took a lot of pictures but I don't know  if I will be able to send them, but I will try.  Things are going great and I can feel that this week is going to be a lot better!  I feel your prayers, I truly do.  Thank you for your love for me and for all of the things that you do for me!  I love you more than anything, sweet momma! 
xoxox Michelle


Hello sweet dad,
Thank you for your email, it means a lot to me.   This work isn't easy!! I felt a lot better too after talking to you yesterday.  It gave me a second wind!  I am feeling good.  I know that as I put myself into the work, that the Lord is going to show me miracles.  But, it doesn't happen over night as well.  I am learning how to be patient with myself and with our area.  I have felt and seen my testimony over the last four weeks here, and it is amazing.  I know without a doubt that this church is true.  I love when we are teaching and we get to see that change in someone's eyes through a mere 45 minute lessons.  People need the Gospel, so many people!  And I get to share it with them.  There is so much work to be done here.  I am literally tired all the time.  But it's so amazing. What I am doing right now is the most beautiful thing in the world.  It's not going to be easy, but I see myself grow with it more and more everyday.   Have a wonderful week, I am thinking about you always.  

I love you, daddy :)

Hermana Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment