Monday, May 20, 2013

With Faith comes Miracles.....

Hola Momma!!
First off, HI you are amazing!!  I cannot believe that you pushed through all of that!   You can do hard things, and now your race in the summer will be even better!!  Woohoo!  How are you sweetheart?  I love that you always send me little quotes, you are the cutest thing ever.  Also that package, oh my goodness!!  My companions loved it so much and were so thankful for them.  And it is Hermana Zollinger's birthday today and her package didn't get to her by Friday so it was so nice for her to be able to receive that!  You seriously are so thoughtful of everyone, I love it.  I am so thankful for your packages, you have no idea how much they mean to me.  I know I say that about a million times to you!

So I'll start off by telling you that I saw and shook the hand of Elder Quentin Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve, on Saturday!  It was the most awesome thing ever.  He came to our mission and talked to us for a while.  The spirit was so strong and it was incredible being with all the missionaries in the mission listening to an Apostle of God.  But it was mostly about how our Heavenly Father is preparing people for us right now in.  We just need to have the faith to find them.  When we have faith, we see so many miracles.  He also told us about the death of our sweet Prophet's wife.  It really hit me.  My heart aches for him as he faces this challenge.  But I know he is able to feel the prayers of people around the world.

Michelle's mission was fortunate to have a visit from Elder Quentin Cook and his wife Mary.  
They had a devotional for all missionaries at 7:30 am on Saturday. 
Yesterday was the best day.  So we go to church at our Spanish ward and two of our investigators are there!  And they were the two that we weren't even planning on.  One of them came up to us and he told us how he hasn't been to church for a few weeks and he didn't feel happy, but since he was at church that day he felt content and he knew it was where he was supposed to be.  And then he said, "yo quiero ser baptizarme".  Aka, he wants to be baptized!  Okay, we can help you there I guess..!  He is a great guy, his name is Jorge (yes Brooke, Jorge).  He has such a desire and asked us if we could help him prepare for baptism.  The other one was Norma.  The mother of that family I was telling you about.  She is really going through some hard times right now and needs the Gospel in her life more than ever.  Well, Norma came to church and we weren't there at first because we were in our other ward.  She went to church for 3 hours by herself!  It was the coolest thing ever when we saw her there.  We went and sat down by her in the chapel and I wish that I could describe her face when she saw us!  It lit up!  She is so sweet and I know that she is ready.  We have a lesson with her tonight!  Our family isn't progressing very much right now, but it will come with time.  We have a few other investigators and as well some really great potentials!  If anything happens with them this week I will let you know.  

One story I really would like to share is about a part member family in our ward.  The mom is a member but is inactive and the dad isn't a member.  We went and visited them one night because all of our appointments had fallen through.  When we went, we heard from the dad that his brother had died just a few days ago.  I sat there and didn't quite catch that he had said that he passed away but felt something there.  My heart ached for their family and I could see the sadness in their eyes.  We asked if we could come in and say a prayer with them.  As we knelt on the floor I felt something that I had been longing for, for a while.  I felt my sweet brother in the room.  It was the strongest I think I have ever felt him there.  I don't know if I will be able to help this family, but I know that I have been sent here to do something for them.  I am so thankful for this gift that I have been given, mom.  I am so thankful that I have my brother that is constantly at my side and protecting me.

I don't have much else for today.  But I want you to know that I am happy.   This week was good and I have felt your prayers so much.  I know that the Lord is helping me through anything that has been put in my path.  This Gospel is amazing and blesses so many lives.  I don't know where I would be without it, truly.  I am thankful that I get to share it with others.  Yesterday was amazing, and as I sat in church and tried my best to focus on everything that was said in Spanish, I understood it!  I knew what they were saying!  Finally!  Of course not everything, but I know that I am having an immense amount of help with that.  Anyway, I hope all is well at home!  You are in my prayers always.  I love you!  

Hermana Michelle
View from the front of their apartment
Hello sweet dad,
How are you??  I love your emails every week, they make me so happy.  Mom is such a rock star!  You rode too?  She is so awesome.  How was your week?!   Things are so awesome here.  I am learning so much about how to do this and why I am doing this. One of the Elders in our ward had a baptism yesterday of this awesome man named Victor.  He stood up in our Gospel Principles class and said, "there are three people that have changed my life forever".  He named the two Elders and another man.  I sat there and thought about how one day, I am going to have someone like that.  I am going to change someone's life forever.  And that is why this is worth it.  It gave me a sense of peace because Heavenly Father is preparing many people to be put in my path.  I love the honey bee story.  Mom sent me that book and sent me a few little things that had to do with bees.  I am the tiniest portion to missionary work, but I am making my contribution.  I am seeing changes in myself and in others.  I am doing well, I am learning Spanish, I am having patience with myself.  I am so happy!  I hope your week is as wonderful as you!  I love you daddy!! xoxox
Michelle
Beach Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment