Tuesday, July 15, 2014

God now Accepteth thy Works....

Hello!
Mom, you might kill me but I forgot my planner.  I honestly can say that I can barely remember what happened this week, it was crazy.
Here is one - Refugio (her name means refuge in English) came to church yesterday!!!!  It was so great.  Also I spoke in church yesterday.  I had my talk written in my study journal.  We were getting ready to start the sacrament and I realized that I had left my journal.... I went into panic mode for a second and then got over it and remembered that the Spirit will be able to testify through me if I rely on him.  The talk ended up being really good and it was probably better than it would have been. 
"Remember the miracle about Silvia? (the one with nine children?!)  Yep, that is her husband that got baptized yesterday!  Their son got baptized a few months ago, and he baptized him!" JOY!

I have been thinking a lot this week.  I've been writing a few goals, and I've put them into action.  I want to put everything into these last few weeks.  Everything I have!  So I have been working on that.  I have felt really excited when we go out.  Dad sent me a really good scripture today that I really needed:

"Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works." (Ecclesiastes 9:7)

I want to feel that in the end.  The end still looks so far away.  Something I like that you mentioned was about obedience.  You put it in the context of missionary work.  Well, I think that sometimes we forget as members that we need to be obedient, as well.  I remember saying before my mission how I wanted to be exactly obedient.  In our lives, I think we forget that the little things are commandments.  Reading the scriptures daily is a commandment, praying is a commandment, going to church, going to the temple, family home evening, etc.  The things that the Prophets give us are commandments.  Just because family home evening isn't in the scriptures doesn't mean that we don't have to do it!  So I guess that is my invitation.  Take a step back in your lives right now and look.  Are you really being exactly obedient to the Lord's commandments?  We are obedient to the big ones but are we sometimes exactly obedient to the little ones?!  It's worth it and we'll feel a difference. 

Sorry, I don't have time left!  But I love you and I love this work SO much.  Keep praying for me and the investigators here.  I love you!

Love, Sister Warner
Hermana Diaz and Hermana Warner
Dear Dad, Where is that scripture, I LOVE it!  I have that worry often.  I worry that I haven't worked hard enough or done enough. I'm trying so hard. I hope that in my last week those worries all go away.  The weeks are going fast, but it doesn't feel real.  It doesn't feel like I am really going to see you in a short month.  I am excited, scared as can be, very sad, joyful, anxious, and tired.  That is about it.  I love you and think you are absolutely wonderful daddy.  Seriously, wonderful.  You bring joy to my heart and I am grateful for you.  I love you more than words.

Hermana Johnson and Hermana Warner

No comments:

Post a Comment