Monday, July 29, 2013

Blessings.....

My dear mom,
Hermana Sorto and Hermana Warner
I loved your email! My week was good! I'm going to be real, I have no idea what happened to the time.  I bet if you went through all of my emails, they all say the same thing.... I have no idea what happened.  But I am pretty sure I was just emailing you yesterday! Somehow, the time goes by so fast! It is so crazy.  Here is a run down of our week ... we contacted a million formers.  And would you like to know the response of just about every door that we knocked? ..... no, sorry she's not here, or... no they moved, or one of them was "what do you want?!". Pretty much I figure that Heavenly Father is giving me this transfer to make me not so sensitive anymore.  And it is working!  Another thing that I thought about this week was when Heavenly Father decided to call me to this area, He thought, 'Wow this is going to be really hard, so I will give Michelle a good companion!' Every time a door gets shut we just laugh about it and keep going! I have been able to develop an attitude that I would have *never* had at home!  So, although we haven't had success, I have seen so much success in myself.  I am so blessed to be here and learn the things that I have learned. 

We have an investigator named Martha, but she can't get baptized because she is living with a man.  But she is the sweetest thing and she goes to church every week! She is so sweet and just wants to do what is right.  And that about wraps it up for our investigators, haha. We have a lot of potentials and I know that it is just going to get better!! We have found some really awesome less actives though. We had a lesson with a less active on Tuesday.  Little did we know that the Elders were on splits with the Elders Quorom to visit less actives.  So when we showed up, they were there.  It was such a powerful lesson that we had.  I haven't thought much about how important it is to use members with less actives.  The member was able to tell them how they were missed at church, and also how the church is always welcoming them again with open arms. That we love them so much.  The spirit was so strong and I truly saw a change in them throughout the lesson.  When we were leaving the Hermana asked us if we could come back on Friday!  It was so amazing! 


All in a day's work!
We also found this less active that is pretty much dad's twin.  I love him SO much. Seriously. His name is Luis and he is my best friend. He always jokes with me and is just a goof.  I tell him every time that I see him that I love being with him because he is like my dad. He is pretty inactive, but we both have a special connection with him, I know that with time he will be back. 
  


Sulma, Michelle's Ward Mission Leader. Love her!
I am fed every single day. And for some reason people think that we like to eat as much or more than the Elders....it's way fun. My stomach is mad at me all the time.  So grateful, though.
  
We had interviews with the Mission President, President Weidman on Saturday and they were good!  His wife wants to do something for the Sisters in the mission, I don't know what.  Sister Weidman is the cutest thing in the world. I had Pres. Weidman give me a blessing.  It was sweet and simple.  But he said one thing that I have been thinking of a lot. During, he told me that he felt impressed to tell me that angels are preparing these souls that I am going to find.  And that it doesn't matter if someone doesn't accept it right now, but with a simple hello or a smile I can make that difference.  Right now I am planting seeds.  And as hard as that is, it is amazing.  I am doing what I can to build up this beautiful gospel and give others this happiness that I feel.  Also it made me realize that Michael isn't only watching over me.  I have never thought about that this way, but I just know that Michael is with these sweet people that I am going to find.  And I know I will find them.  But right now, he is helping them and planting that seed so eventually I can see it grow.  This work is amazing Mom. I am learning so much.  And I am so happy!  I know, I know that I am supposed to be here!  I have seen so many blessings in my life. And I hope you can feel them as well. Mom you are the best ever! I hope your week is as amazing as you are :)
I love you so much! xoxoxo

Daddy, thank you so much for your sweet simple email.  This simple scriputre is what I needed to hear.  

And if it so be that you should labor all your days in cryiing 
repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, 
how great shall be your joy with him in the 
kingdom of my Father!   D&C 18:15

The work is so slow, but it is so amazing.  And if there is just one person that I bring unto our sweet Heavenly Father, how amazing is that.  I am learning so much!  I am doing really well. And I truly feel your prayers. I feel them especially during the hard times. I don't have much to update for the week and my eyes are falling out, I am so tired.  I am tired, but that is good right?  You are always always in my prayers :)  I love you more than you know! xoxo

Love,
Hermana Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment