Monday, July 15, 2013

Faith and Patience!

Hello my sweet family,
Michelle and last companion, Hermana Rudd,
at a July 4th celebration!
It sounds like everything is going well this week!  I'll be honest, I'm a bit emotional right now!  I am overwhelmed beyond capacitation.  So here we are, whitewashing in South Gate!  I don't know if I have ever done anything this hard before.  We came into the area with one investigator that cannot get baptized because she is living with a man and can't get married.  And that is literally all we have.  We were left with nothing in the area so pretty much we are starting from bottom ground.  The last few days we have tried and tried contacting potentials, formers, less actives, and members.  No one would talk to us, we got some really nasty comments, and we haven't gotten in a member's home yet.  I don't think that I expected it to be this hard!  It is emotionally draining. BUT, I have a sweet, sweet companion.  She is from Honduras, but she lived in Georgia for two years before her mission.  She is a hard working and is trying her best to keep me sane!  I have learned a lot from her already.  She is teaching me so much Spanish as well!  Seriously my Spanish has gotten so much better just in the last few days.  We speak Spanish throughout the day, I am SO grateful for her.

Michelle's new district!  Lynwood Southgate First Branch.
Her new companion is Hermana Sorta from Honduras!
The Elder standing next to her is Elder Taylor Chriss,
a friend from Olympus High school.  He is serving in LA,
waiting for his visa.
We had to spend a large amount of time cleaning our apartment.  And then we spent alot of time updating the area book, to begin with. This is something really difficult for me, but I want to share what someone told me the other day.  I was talking to an Elder about how I felt discouraged and saw nothing from our work. He told me, 'you have to look for that specific reason of why you are in that area. Heavenly Father has sent you there and it is your responsibility to figure out why.'  It really hit me!!  I am in this area for a reason, and I will figure that out soon enough.  I know that there is a reason that I am doing something beyond what I feel capable of.  He is here every step of the way with me.
Hermana Zollinger and Hermana Warner - first companions! 
So I'll tell you a funny story from last night.  We went to go contact a less active (I am 98% sure we were on the border of Watts) and it was about 8:30.  We saw this woman at the bus stop with these really pretty roses, and so we went to go talk to her.  She told us that she had a friend that was LDS and that she went to church with her before and that she really liked it and said it was something beautiful.  She told us she wanted us to go to her house and talk to her more.  And right when she said that, the bus came and she was gone.  Pretty much I just stood there for about 5 minutes in shock.   We had to just laugh all night because I didn't know what else to do!  I figure that story was a good one to sum up my week.  Except for the fact that she was the only person that has listened to us so far, haha. Things are going to get better!!
"The Reyna family in my old area, 
aka my Mission family!  
I love them!"
We are in a branch, and they are amazing.  They had me talk for a few minutes on Sunday, I about died, but it was really good.  The members are awesome and they really are willing to help us.  They were my big tender mercy yesterday :)  I know that I am here for a purpose!!  This is SO hard!!  But it is so amazing.  It is difficult right not but I know that it is going to get better!  Heavenly Father is going to help us!  All I have right now is faith, and all I can do is act upon that faith. Please, please pray for me!  Things are going to get better!  Sorry this is all over the place, next week will be better.  I love you so, so much!  xoxoxox  Much love,  Michelle
P.S.  Mom, I hate to ask this, but could you send a little package to my companion?  You don't need to send me anything, but she would love something addressed to her and for her.  Her name is Hermana Sorto.  She is such a sweet, humble girl.  She comes from humble circumstances and I am so grateful to be working with her!  All is well, momma!  I am sorry for my crazy email.  I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment