Monday, August 4, 2014

Baptism!

Hello hello!
If only you could know what is going through my head right now.  This feeling is so unreal.  I could say over and over again, that I am going to be home next week but it still doesn't do anything.  It doesn't seem real.  I still feel and think that I have all the time in the world!  I LOVE my mission.  I love who I have become and recognize that I still have so much to become.  I was thinking the other day about my first few transfers.  Wowzers!  I must admit that I was a bit embarrassed....at the same time overwhelmed with gratitude that Heavenly Father has helped me so much to change.  To recognize my weaknesses and be patient.  To love others.  To find the best in everything!  To read the scriptures, say meaningful prayers, feel the Spirit, seek and receive revelation.  Most important, to put Him and my Savior Jesus Christ above everything else in this life and world.  I can promise that They will be the center of my life.  It will be difficult at times, I imagine you and others have felt that struggle, but I will do it.  I have learned and felt where the Gospel of Jesus Christ fits in my life.  I love this.  I love it so much!!  We were contacting this week and I stopped for a second and just took in what I feel.  I felt JOY.  That joy only comes from sharing the Gospel.  If others understood how good it felt to just do it, they would do it so much more often.  We need to stop being so scared of what others will say.  If we are scared it shows where our faith really is......

This week Jennifer got baptized!  We didn't really do anything, it was the previous Sister's baptism, but it was amazing.  She is someone very special.  And so prepared.  After she had changed, she was talking to us and said that she just felt good.  She had been talking to her mom the morning of and her mom was asking her how she knew that this really was right.  She said after, that she couldn't deny it, she just knew it was right.  She felt it when she went under.  She knew she was making the right decision.  It was a testimony builder for me to see how strongly the Spirit had testified to her.  I pondered on it last night and just felt it in my heart so strong, this is true.  I will never doubt that feeling I had. 
My heart is so full.  These words have no way of explaining it.  My heart is joyful.  I know that this is true.  I know that our Heavenly Father loves us so much.  He has given us this Gospel to build upon and be the people we need to to return to Him.  I was reading this morning in Alma 34.  It reminded me a lot about how this is the time to prepare to meet our Maker.  He loves us and I testify that He really does.  I testify that He desires for us to return and live with Him.  I have felt it over and over and over again.  I know it's true.
I love you and will never be able to thank you enough for your love and support.  I still have a week and a half!  I have time to WORK!  I love you.
Love,  Sister Warner

Daddy,
I love you.  I love you with a love that I will never be able to explain.  I am incredibly grateful for my mission and how much it has taught me to love.  How it has taught me how precious families are and that we have an eternal family.  There is nothing more comforting than that....our family is eternal.  I am feeling really bittersweet.  I am sad to have this be ending, but I know that I have worked, learned, and grown immensely.  Any advice for a poor sister missionary?
Thank you for your support, it means the world to me.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment