Monday, January 20, 2014

Gospel Conversations...

Hola hola!
Well, this is really going to be a short email. I've been busy, I am so sorry that I have become so bad at emailing details of my life!!  I am going to be better.  I'll start with this, I think I met some of the most hardhearted people this week!  This area is soo stinkin' hard.  We taught a less active that we recently found, we invited her to come to church on Sunday.  She looked at us and said, "Thanks, but no".  Both of us were kind of just in shock.  I awkwardly tried to figured out what to say back to that comment.  So, we just invited her again and finished up the lesson.  BUT on a good note!  We have had some great miracles.  We had a lesson with a less active last night and talked to her about the Atonement in her life and how she can use it.  She opened up a lot of why she hasn't gone to church and what has been stopping her.  She asked us when church started - that was a big step for her.  We had a great lesson with R. and the kids!  We taught the Plan of Salvation.  It was all super new to them, but they accepted it.  She still loved church and things are so good!


We have been talking a lot about member missionary work, well - for like the last year and a half.  So, why don't we do it?  Why do we get scared to talk to our friends?  We ate with a member last night and talked her about the blessings of the Gospel.  If we really understand and see the blessings of the gospel, then we will share it.  There is a line in PMG that says, 'the better we understand the Atonement, the more desirous we will be to share the gospel'.  So I am inviting you to have at least three Gospel conversations a day.  We, as missionaries have a goal of at least twenty conversations a day, so I know you can do this.  Tie in the Gospel to your conversations!  You don't need to teach them everything you can think of on the back of your hand, but just share your testimony.  And invite them to do something.  Sometimes people won't accept what you say.  But, we always get the blessings from it.  Not everyone we talk to loves us - what?!  But we try anyway.
Busy scripture study session!
A little bit of family found at Stake Conference in Hermosa Beach!  (Nicole is a niece of Michelle's Aunt Kris).
Well, that is my two cents for this week.  Again, this is sooo short, I am sorry!  I love you so, so very much!  I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hermana Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment