Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Transfer Week!

From left, President and Sister Weidman,
Sister Marsha Richards, and
Elder Kent F. Richards of the
Second Quorum of the Seventy.
Good morning! Thank you for spending a few dollars just to email me!  Mom, I can't believe you are in Rome right now like it's no big deal.  Can we go when I get home? ;)  This week... wowzers!  It has been filled to the max.  With just about every emotion lagging behind it.  We had a lot of random things happen.  We had a lot of meetings!  But there was a lot of bike riding involved... aka sweating! Yay!  We had an awesome opportunity to have a Zone Conference with Elder Richards of the Seventy.  I think he is the one that covers our mission.  Every time I leave meetings I just feel so pumped to go out and work.... I'm such a missionary.  I love it.  But he talked to us a lot about faith.  I left my journal at home, but he had some really awesome points to it.  I have been working a lot on faith in missionary work.  Sometimes it is so hard to contact people on the street without judging what they are going to say.  But it all goes back to remembering my purpose.  That as a missionary I have been set apart to talk to these people who are put in my path.  But I have seen miracles when I am able to act in faith in this work. Pretty much I have the coolest job in the world.  He also talked to us about teaching simply.  Some missionaries complicate teaching so much.  But he explained to us how the spirit comes stronger in lessons when we teach the doctrine straight and to the point.  I love it.

So transfers... the last few days have been a bit frazzling to be honest.  I got a text on Saturday from President Weidman that said to call him.  I looked at my companion and was like, oh no, did I do something wrong??  So I called him back and he said to me, "Sister Warner I am about to give you one of the hardest things you will do on your mission thus far, are you ready?"  Pretty much my stomach dropped.  He told me that I will be training this next transfer, but it is a little different.  She is a visa waiter and she is coming here.  But she was called to speak Portuguese, so that is what she learned in the MTC. But I am going to be teaching and training her in Spanish! She is coming to my area in Spanish and Sister Wright is leaving.  I think the hardest part about it is Sister Wright leaving.  I always heard that people meet their best friends on the mission, but I didn't think much of it.  She has done so much for me and has seriously changed my mission, so I am sad to be being separated.  But transfers are inspired!!!  I am going to grow so much this next transfer.




Gonna miss this girl!
I wish that I could put into words of all the things that I have learned this transfer.  It has been amazing.  I read through some old journal entries the other night and thought about ripping them out, I was so embarrassed, haha.  I have changed so much.  Especially this transfer.  I have always enjoyed my mission, but I found out how to find joy in my mission.  I love being here.  I can't believe how fast time is going and I just want it to slow down!  I found a love for the little things that I did not enjoy!  I learned how to have a positive attitude in hard situations.  All in all, the transfer has completely changed my mission and I love it.


Please pray for me this week!  I am a little nervous about everything that is going to happen, talk about being humbled!  But I know that Heavenly Father is going to give me everything that I need to do it.  It sounds like the family is great, that makes me so happy!  Keep doing good things!  And read your scriptures everyday.  It brings so much happiness.  The church is true!  I love you so much!  Be safe!!

Love,

Hermana Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment