Monday, March 10, 2014

Buenos dias!
Actually, it's not morning, and I have no idea what time it is there.  This week was super awesome.  We saw a lot of the Lord's hand in our work this week.  The last few weeks have been really hard --- in a working sense.  We have had a lot of rejection and it's been pretty hard.  Sometimes I don't want to contact someone because I'm a little tired of the 'no's', haha. BUT, we still contact them and life goes on.  Anyway, I thought I'd share a cool experience that happened this week.  We contacted a potential on Tuesday and she told us to come back on Thursday.  So we went back on Thursday and she was on her patio sweeping.  She asked how long we would be and we said, about 20-30 minutes.  She told us that she didn't have that much time, so I said "Okay, 5 minutes."  We go inside and we were just planning to share the Book of Mormon with her and then set up another appointment.  Well, while we were in there she opened up a ton!  She told us everything that had been going on, all of the trials that had happened, etc.  It was really neat because as we were listening, we were really able to see her needs and the things we could say and do to teach to those.  We told her about the Book of Mormon and she was super excited.  She accepted it and really said it made sense.  It was awesome.
        Another cool thing I thought of was a lesson we had this week with a less-active.  She used to be super active in the church -- RS president, temple worker, etc.  She is so, so sweet.  Some things had happened over the years and she fell away.  We had a lesson with her and she said that she has been seeing lately as we have passed by, that the church really isn't how she had been seeing it.  She has been praying and told us that she would come to church when she was ready.  Long story, we talked about a lot of things.  But in the end, she told us that she had been feeling more ready to go back to church.  It was a great lesson, but what we had felt was even greater.  We had so many promptings in that lesson with her.  We left a bit in shock at how clear the promptings had been.  We talked about things that were said in the lesson and why we felt they were inspired.  It was really an amazing experience.  
       This transfer is going by soooo fast!  I've never had a transfer like this.  It has been a huge blessing to feel the power of the Atonement to help me physically and spiritually through everything.  Our year mark was weird, but I am super grateful for the time I have left to give what I have.  I love being here and seeing all of the many miracles of the mission. So I forgot the camera cord today....I'm sorry! But I promise to take those pictures next week. I will do better!  I can't remember what else your email said....but, I love you! I know I'm forgetting something I needed to tell you, but I'll think about it.  I love you so much!  
Hermana Warner   

No comments:

Post a Comment