Thursday, November 21, 2013

A missionary's letter to her older brother on his wedding day, Nov. 21st


(Bryan's best man, Sawyer Hemsley, read this as a surprise during the wedding dinner)
Dear Bryan,
When I think of my childhood, I think of you.  

I think of us playing ice hockey on the canal, circus peanuts on the railroad tracks, lacrosse tournaments in the backyard, lots of pushing me out the door the first time it snowed, lots of slaps, and a few hugs.  

I think of the times that you listened to my boy drama, and let me cry until I felt better.  I think of how you changed on your mission.  How you gave me this example to grow from.  I love all the times we had as children as we both had our own trials.  Those were the times that we grew the most, was through those trials.  

I am here on my mission because of you.  Because of who you have become.  I love my mission and I love that I get to share it with you as you did with me.  

And now you are getting married.  My heart wants to be there, but it is planted here in my mission.  Thank you for changing my life.  For the advice you have given me.  You are truly my best friend.  You have supported me in everything.  You have laughed with me and cried with me.  

I am so grateful that you and Rachelle are getting married, and that you are making these sweet covenants in the Temple.  Your Heavenly Father is watching you two, full of joy.  He loves you so much.  

Welcome to the family Rachelle, I love you!  Continue doing all you can to come closer together to your Heavenly Father.  Good luck with everything and know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Love, Your baby sister, (Mitchy)

No comments:

Post a Comment